Known as the CGF-Proudly South African School Governace Award, the initiative is the brainchild of CGF's chief executive officer, Terry Booysen, who has been a governance specialist for eight years and a prtner of Proudly South African.
Several of south Africa's municipalities as well as provincial education departments (notably the Eastern Cape) are facing serious financial and management problems, partly because of lack of management expertise and good governance.
The judges will focus on aspects such as:
- Individual accountability
- Collective responsibility
- Group Perfomance
- Principal's leadership capability
- The quality of school policy
- Supporting and promoting local products and services